Friday, August 24, 2012

Mini logbook making


So, now that my fingers are actually wanting to do work again, I've started getting some of the logbooks made that I need for Box ON!. Today, I started sewing some mini-signatures I use in making my little magnetic letterbooks. 

Generally speaking, now that I've gotten into the swing of making my own logbooks (a big change from the earlier days when the logbook was a total afterthought in the letterbox-creation process), I actually prefer to make them from scratch.

By making your own, you have the following benefits:
  • Save on cost - it's way cheaper to make then to buy;
  • Make them the exact size that you need them (you know, as your lock 'n lock size dictates);
  • Make them exactly when you need them - no hunting around at stores or debating the usefullness of little lined notepads; and
  • Make them to go with the theme of the letterbox.
All in all, I'm pretty happy to make my own nowadays.  I'm pretty fast at sewing my signatures together, and I like reusing all sorts of different papers for the signatures or covers.  And, as I mentioned before, there are some great things when making your own books in terms of hiding - like these below that I'll be using for some more of my magnetic letterbooks.


Next step - magnetic letterbook!
 Looking forward to a weekend full of letterboxing... happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment